Founded in 1993, Norwegian is the third largest low-cost carrier in Europe with about 5,500 employees. We operate over 400 routes to more than 130 destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Thailand, the Caribbean and the US.
Norwegian has been listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange since 2003. We're a young airline that has experienced significant growth over the past few years by introducing brand new aircraft to our fleet, as well as launching many new routes and establishing new bases in Europe, Asia and the U.S. Today, we have more than 100 aircraft and are proud to have one of the world's youngest and greenest fleets with an average age of just 3.6 years.
New aircraft are introduced to our fleet continuously. New aircraft are win-win for the customers, the environment and the company's costs. New aircraft use less fuel and require less maintenance. And not least, they are more environmentally friendly and more comfortable for passengers.
Adding to its existing order of 42 Boeing 737-800s, Norwegian in January 2012 ordered 222 new aircraft – whereof 100 Boeing 737 MAX8, 22 Boeing 737-800 and 100 Airbus A320neo. The order is Europe's largest ever single aircraft order. Norwegian has 30 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner on order for its long-haul operations.
Norwegian has one of the newest and greenest fleets in Europe. High fuel-efficiency is not only good for the environment but also for your wallet.
The many awards and accolades prove that our passengers appreciate our new aircraft, friendly service, low fares and exciting destinations.
In 1993, we launched our first route. In 2015, we ordered 19 additional 787-9 Dreamliners to serve our long-haul destinations. This is our story in bullet points.
The tail fin of our aircraft are adorned by portraits of heroes who have pushed boundaries, challenged the established and been a major source of inspiration.
Norwegian holds three Air Operator’s Certificates (AOC). In our operations we give safety the highest priority.
We believe in affordable fares for all, as reflected in our vision, values, operational priorities and goals.
- In 2014, more than 24 million passengers flew with us
- Around 5,500 people work for Norwegian
- We offer 400 routes to over 130 destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Thailand, the Caribbean and the US
- We have more than 100 aircraft in our fleet and more than 250 aircraft on order
- We can offer low fares thanks to our lean organisation and fuel-efficient aircraft
- We have one of the youngest and greenest fleets in the world with an average age of just 3,6 years
- Our aircraft are referred to as "Red Nose" because the front (the "nose") is painted red
- The tail fins on our aircraft feature a portrait of a hero that has challenged the established and inspired others
- We taught Norway’s air travellers to book their flights online
- Our telephone lines went down when we first launched our ticket sales back in 2002
- Today, more than 80 percent of our passengers book their flight on our website