Norwegian has one of the newest and greenest fleets in the world. High fuel-efficiency is not only good for the environment, but also for your wallet.
Norwegian's fleet consists of around 120 aircraft including Boeing 737-800s for its short-haul operation and Boeing 787 Dreamliners for its long-haul operation. With an average fleet age of just 3.6 years, Norwegian has one of the youngest and greenest fleets in the world. New aircraft are win-win for the passenger's comfort, wallet, the environment and the company's costs. In 2015 Norwegian was named the most fuel-efficient airline on transatlantic routes by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT).
Boeing 787 Dreamliner
The 787 Dreamliner is the most technically advanced aircraft in the skies today. It's also the most environmentally friendly option available, with 20 percent less emissions than other comparable aircraft.
The 787 Dreamliner also features a number of innovations that benefit passengers, such as larger windows and a more silent cabin. In conventional planes, the pressure in the cabin is set to simulate an altitude of 2,400 metres. The 787 Dreamliner is set at 1,800 metres. In turn this reduces typical “jet lag” symptoms such as headaches and muscle pain.
Facts about Norwegian's 787 Dreamliner
- Norwegian has 12 787 Dreamliner aircraft today. All in all, we have ordered 32 Dreamliners for our long-haul operations, but we're looking for more!
- The 787-8 has 291 seats (32 in the Premium cabin and 259 in the Economy cabin), while the 787-9 has 344 seats (35 in the Premium cabin and 309 in the Economy cabin)
- Min. two pilots and eight cabin crew, for extended flights max. four pilots and 12 cabin crew
- Two Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines
- Max. start weight: 227,930kg (787-8) 252,650kg (787-9)
- Length: 57m (787-8) 63m (787-9)
- Height: 17m
- Wingspan: 60,17m
- Thrust: 67,000lbs per engine (787-8) 74,000lbs per engine (787-9)
- Cruise speed: 913kph
The Boeing 737-800 serves all the routes in our short-haul network. Our fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft offers good legroom for our passengers, while most of the aircraft feature the sleek Boeing Sky Interior, free in-flight WiFi and live TV.
Facts about Norwegian's Boeing 737-800
- 111 aircraft
- 186 / 189 seats
- Two pilots and four cabin crew members
- Two CFM 56-7B26 engines
- Max start weight: 78,999kg
- Length: 39.5m
- Height: 12.5m
- Wingspan: 35.8m
- Thrust: 26,400lbs per engine
- Cruise speed: 858kph