Founded in 1993, Norwegian is the third largest low-cost carrier in Europe with around 5,500 employees. We operate over 400 routes to more than 130 destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Thailand, the Caribbean and the US.
Norwegian has been listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange since 2003. We're a young airline that has experienced significant growth over the past few years by introducing brand new aircraft to our fleet, as well as launching many new routes and establishing new bases in Europe, Asia and the U.S. Today, we have around 100 aircraft and we're proud to have one of the world's youngest fleets with an average age of just four years.
New aircraft is introduced to our fleet continuously, which enables us to offer low fares; new aircraft consume less fuel and require less maintenance. And not least, new aircraft is more environmentally friendly and more comfortable for passengers.
In January 2012, Norwegian placed an order with both Boeing and Airbus to purchase 222 aircraft – whereof 100 Boeing 737 MAX8, 22 Boeing 737-800 and 100 Airbus A320neo. The order is Europe's largest ever single aircraft order. Norwegian has 19 Boeing 787 Dreamliner on order for its long-haul operations.
Norwegian has one of the newest and greenest fleets in Europe. High fuel-efficiency is not only good for the environment but also for your wallet.
The many awards and accolades prove that our passengers appreciate our more environmentally-friendly, high-quality aircrafts, the low fares and all the exciting destinations.
In 1993, we launched our first route. In 2014, we ordered seven additional 787-9 Dreamliners to serve our long-haul destinations. This is our history in bullet points.
On the tail fin of all our aircrafts you will find Nordic heroes who have pushed the boundaries, challenged the norms and inspired the world.
Norwegian holds three Air Operator’s Certificates (AOC). In our operations we give safety the highest priority. We try to keep our prices low, and that is why we offer our passengers the freedom to choose the level of service they desire.
We want to give everybody the opportunity to travel by air.
- In 2014, more than 24 million passengers flew with us.
- We employ about 5,500 people, who help operate more than 400 routes to over 130 destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Thailand, the Caribbean and the US
- We have around 100 aircraft in our fleet today and several hundred aircraft on order
- We can offer low fares thanks to our fuel-efficient aircraft
- We have one of the youngest fleets in the world with an average age of just four years
- Our aircraft are referred to as "Red Nose" because the front (the "nose") is painted red
- The tail fins on our aircraft features a portrait of a hero that has challenged the established and inspired others
- We taught Norway’s air travellers to book their flights online
- Our telephone lines went down when we first launched our ticket sales back in 2002.
- Today, more than 80 percent of our passengers book their flight on our website