Insure your ticket against unexpected illness – it's a little peace of mind when you need it most.
How Cancellation Protection works
If you've purchased Cancellation Protection, you'll get a full ticket refund if you're unable to travel because you or a close family member falls ill.
- Cancellation Protection can only be ordered online when you book your ticket and can't be added to an existing booking.
- Cancellation Protection covers all passengers stated on your Cancellation Protection document.
- It's valid from the time of purchase until 30 minutes before your scheduled flight departure.
- You must cancel your ticket (up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure) by calling our Contact Centre.
- You'll need to produce an original medical certificate and family relationship documentation to request a refund.
Insure your ticket against illness for 9 GBP per person, per booking.
What we cover
- We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death for you or your immediate family. We define “immediate family" as your spouse/registered partner, co-habiting partner, children, parents, parents-in-law, siblings and grandparents.
- We will cover cancellation because of serious complications in a pregnancy up to 4 weeks before your due date.
What we don't cover
- We do not cover supplementary purchases made with any of our partners, such as hotels, car rental and activities, unless they're part of a Norwegian Holidays package purchased in conjunction with Cancellation Protection.
- We do not cover cancellations made because the reasons for your journey fall through.
- We're not able to refund the cost of Cancellation Protection.
We do not cover cancellations made for the following medical reasons:
- acute deterioration of an existing condition/chronic illness
- examination, treatment and/or admittance to hospital which was planned before your flight was booked
- elective surgery, or illnesses resulting from elective surgery
Request a refund
To request a refund you need to:
- cancel your ticket up to 30 minutes before departure by calling our Contact Centre
- send us an original medical certificate for the relevant travel date(s)
- send us documentation of your family relationship (if applicable)
Both the original medical certificate and family relationship documentation must be in either Norwegian or English, and we must receive it no later than one week after cancellation.
Once we receive these documents, we'll transfer the refund to the card used to book the flight.
Submit your claim online
Now that you know what to do, you can submit your claim online.