Insure your ticket against unexpected illness – it's a little peace of mind when you need it most.
How Cancellation Protection works
If you've purchased Cancellation Protection, you'll get a full ticket refund if you're unable to travel because you or a close family member falls ill.
- Cancellation Protection can only be ordered online when you book your ticket and can't be added to an existing booking.
- You must cancel your ticket (up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure).
- Person in booking falls ill: You'll need to produce an original medical certificate to request a refund.
- Illness of a close family member: You'll need to produce an original medical certificate and family relationship documentation to request a refund.
- COVID-19 related: If you have tested positive for Covid19 or you are placed in mandatory quarantine and unable to travel, you’ll need to produce an original medical certificate stating the positive result or official documentation stating your quarantine requirement.
We accept the medical certificate to be in the following languages: English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Spanish, French, German and Italian.
Insure your ticket against unexpected illness for 9 GBP per person, per booking.
What we cover
- We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death of one of the passengers listed in the booking.
- We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death for an immediate family of one of the passengers in the booking. We define “immediate family" as your spouse/registered partner, co-habiting partner, children, parents, parents-in-law, siblings, grandparents, step-family (parents, children, siblings), adoptive children, foster children, great grandparents, uncle/aunt and niece/nephew.
- We will cover cancellation because of serious complications in a pregnancy up to 4 weeks before your due date.
What we don't cover
- We do not cover supplementary purchases made with any of our partners, such as hotels, car rental and activities, unless they're part of a Norwegian Holidays package purchased in conjunction with Cancellation Protection.
- We do not cover cancellations made because the reasons for your journey fall through.
- We're not able to refund the cost of Cancellation Protection.
We do not cover cancellations made for the following medical reasons:
- examination, treatment and/or admittance to hospital which was planned before your flight was booked
- elective surgery
Request a refund
To request a refund you need to:
- The trip must be cancelled immediately after the hindrance has occurred and before the start of the trip. Documents must be sent within a month after the cancellation of the ticket.
- send us an original medical certificate from your doctor specifying the nature of your illness for the relevant travel date(s)
- send us documentation of your family relationship (if applicable)
Once we receive these documents, we'll transfer the refund to the card used to book the flight.
Submit your claim online
Now that you know what to do, you can submit your claim online.