Flying alone doesn't need to be scary – we'll make your young explorer's travel experience a positive and secure one.
Travelling as an unaccompanied minor
Rest easy, we'll take great care of your children while they're flying on our Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- We'll help your child board and get settled on the aircraft.
- They'll be introduced to the cabin crew who'll look after them on the flight (they're a really friendly bunch!).
- We'll make sure they're delivered to the right person at their destination.
Who can fly as an unaccompanied minor
- You can book your child as an unaccompanied minor if they’re between 5 to 15 years of age.
- If your child is under 5 years, then unfortunately they’re too young to travel as an unaccompanied minor.
- If they’re over 15, then they’ll have to travel as an adult.
5 to 11 years - mandatory
It's mandatory for children aged 5 to 11 years to travel as an unaccompanied minor if they're travelling alone or without an adult (16 years or over).
12 to 15 years - optional
It's optional for children aged 12 to 15 years travelling alone to use our Unaccompanied Minor Service. If you choose not to book them on this service, they will travel independently. We do advise that they bring documentation stating who will pick them up at the destination airport, the accommodation for their stay and contact information for parents/legal guardian.
Where they can fly
You can book your child as an unaccompanied minor on most of our flights.
We don’t offer our Unaccompanied Minor Service to or from Argentina, Bosnia, Bulgaria, the Caribbean (Guadeloupe, Martinique and St. Croix), Israel, Kosovo, Morocco, Serbia, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.
- If it looks like there's the possibility of their flight landing at another airport due to bad weather, or other extraordinary circumstances, we will not allow unaccompanied minors to travel on the flight.
- We do not allow unaccompanied minors to travel on connecting flights.
- Children flying alone cannot travel with pets (either in the cabin or the cargo hold).
- If the child has a medical condition that may require medication during the flight, they must have the ability to administer this themselves. Our cabin crew cannot administer medication or store the medication in a cool place. Find out more about travelling with a medical condition
Call us to make a booking
You need to call our Contact Centre to make a booking for an unaccompanied minor, at least 48 hours before departure.
There's a small charge to use our Unaccompanied Minor Service, to cover the details of making sure your child is well looked after throughout their entire trip.
Unaccompanied Minor Service
50 EUR per child, each way
Now you know what to do, call our Contact Centre to make your booking.
Preparing to travel
We have strict rules in place to ensure the safety of your child during each part of their journey.
- You'll need to name a 'Sender' (who will check in your child) and a 'Receiver' (who will collect your child) when making the booking for our Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- The Sender and Receiver must show valid photographic ID, and their details must match those in the booking.
- The Sender must remain at the airport until the child boards their flight and the aircraft has taken off. At the arrival airport the Receiver must be present in due time before the scheduled arrival.
Complete the necessary paperwork
Download our unaccompanied minor form and present this to our airport representatives when your child is checking in. To avoid delays, make sure you complete the entire form.
Check in at least 1 hour before departure
Please make sure you check your child in (at the check-in counter) at least one hour before departure, so that we've got enough time to help them board and get them settled on the aircraft.