(Last updates : Tuesday 31 March, 22:00 CET)
We are working around the clock to keep you up-to-date with Covid-19 developments.
We are working around the clock to keep you up-to-date with Covid-19 developments.
Information for cancelled flights
Due to the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we’re currently processing a high volume of flight cancellations. If your flight is affected, we will update you as quickly as we can by SMS or email based on the contact information in your booking.
If we have cancelled your flight and you don’t want to travel, you can request a refund of your unused ticket, or choose CashPoints and get an extra 20% that can be used for your next trip
Get 20% extra with CashPoints
We’re sorry things didn’t go to plan this time, and we’d love to welcome you back on board again. That’s why we’re offering the option for you to choose CashPoints as a refund, with an extra 20% on top of the value of your ticket. CashPoints is Norwegian’s digital currency and is just like cash.
Plan your next trip to any of our hundreds of destinations, with no blackout dates or minimum spend. Conditions apply, find out more >Claim CashPoints +20% extra
Due to the high number of requests we are dealing with, unfortunately your claim will take longer than normal to process. We thank you for your patience
- If you made your booking through a travel agency or third-party provider/website, please contact them directly to cancel your booking and claim a refund.
- If you purchased a Flex or PremiumFlex ticket, or you simply want to claim a refund, you can cancel your booking and submit a claim.
Due to extensive measures implemented by national authorities as a result of COVID-19, we will operate a limited schedule until commercial air traffic returns to normal. The advice from national authorities is constantly changing, and we anticipate that commercial air traffic may be further impacted in the coming weeks.
Change your booking
- If your flight is cancelled, you can choose to change your booking free of charge on My Travels. However, please be aware that we will have limited rebooking options during this period and rapidly changing travel restrictions may further impact our flight operations.
- If you are experiencing difficulties changing your booking online please call us.
- If you made your booking through a travel agency or third-party provider, please contact them directly.
- Many people are trying to get in touch with us at the moment, so please only contact us if your flight is within the next 48 hours. We thank you for your patience.
- You should check with your travel insurance provider to establish if they will cover associated costs while you are waiting for your flight.
Options if you don’t want to travel
In light of the travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we are we’re offering to convert your ticket to CashPoints if you choose to cancel your booking.
Claim CashPoints for your next trip
We understand that you may want to rearrange your current travel plans – that’s why we’re offering to convert your ticket to travel credit in CashPoints if you’d prefer not to travel right now. CashPoints is Norwegian’s digital currency and is just like cash.
Plan your next trip to any of our hundreds of destinations, with no blackout dates or minimum spend. Conditions apply, find out more >Convert your ticket to CashPoints
Due to the high number of requests we are dealing with, unfortunately your claim will take longer than normal to process. We thank you for your patience.
- If you made your booking through a travel agency or third party provider/website, please contact them directly to cancel your booking. Normal fare rules will apply.
- Flex and PremiumFlex tickets are fully refundable and can be cancelled on My Travels.
In light of the travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we are currently offering to waive the rebooking fee for selected LowFare, LowFare+ and Premium tickets. Normal conditions apply for Flex and PremiumFlex tickets.
Conditions for waiver of rebooking fee
- Valid for LowFare, LowFare+ and Premium tickets booked up to and including 31 May 2020.
- The original journey (including return flight) must be completed by 30 November 2020 at the latest.
- Changes can only be made to another flight where there is availability within the same ticket type.
- Destinations can only be changed from domestic to domestic (within the same country) or international to international.
- The rebooking can be made only once.
- The entire journey for the new booking (including return flight) must be completed by 30 November 2020 at the latest.
- Any price difference between the existing flight and the new flight will apply. A refund will not be provided for the price difference if a cheaper fare is selected.
- If you have purchased a ticket from a third party or a travel agency, please contact them.
We will maintain a limited schedule on some routes until commercial air traffic returns to normal. Please bear in mind that due to changing travel restrictions our flight operations may be further impacted in the coming weeks.
If you’d like more flexibility with your travel plans, you can cancel your booking and receive CashPoints for a future trip with us - conditions apply.
You can rebook your flight on My Travels.
We want to help all of our customers with their requests, however if you made your booking through a travel agency or a third-party provider, then we ask that you contact them directly as we’re unable to assist with changes to your booking.
We thank you for your support and understanding.
Information if you want to travel
Given the restrictions imposed by local authorities due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty of this rapidly changing situation, we recommend that passengers who intend to travel carefully consider their options.
Customers who still wish to travel during this unprecedented event must understand the potential risk that any associated costs will not be covered by Norwegian if they are denied boarding, and that their travel insurance provider must cover any associated costs if they are unable to return home due to COVID-19.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific information about the restrictions imposed by each country due to COVID-19. Borders closures and heavy restrictions have been imposed in some regions along with self-quarantine requirements. In addition, for some destinations only passengers who are residents of the country will be permitted entry.
All customers are responsible for ensuring that they are permitted entry into the country they are travelling.
Information regarding specific travel restrictions can be found here (IATA)
We have been working hard to help customers who need to get home by setting up some additional flights in cooperation with authorities. This situation is constantly changing, so we ask you to adhere to the following advice if you are trying to get home.
- If your flight is cancelled and a new service is planned for your scheduled route, we will contact you by SMS to offer a seat.
- If we have additional seats available for sale on an extra service, these will be available for purchase online.
- If you need to get home from an area where we have not set up extra flights, we recommend you get in touch with your travel insurer, or contact the authorities in your country or residence to discuss potential options.
Web and self-service check-in for all passengers departing Schengen airports will not be available for the foreseeable future. This due to travel restrictions in place by immigration authorities.
We urge everyone travelling to allow extra time at the airport and present themselves at Norwegian’s check-in area with their passport before they proceed on their journey.
Our aircraft across all our modern fleet are fitted with the latest air filtration technology. The HEPA filters are effective at capturing close to 100% of airborne microbes – including bacteria and viruses – and have similar performance to those used in hospital operating rooms.
To protect you, our crew and other colleagues, we’ve introduced enhanced cleaning procedures and carry precautionary kits on all our aircraft.
Should any suspected coronavirus cases occur on board, our crew are trained to handle such an event.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we are making some temporary changes to our food and drinks service on board. We advise you to prepare in advance for your flight and bring any necessary refreshments with you.
- Flights within the Nordic countries - We will not have a food and beverage service available on board and we advise you to prepare in advance and bring refreshments with you.
- Flights to/from Thailand - We will have water available for purchase and meals that have been pre ordered online will be served.
- The sale of tax free items will also be temporarily paused.
Some airports may also have limited facilities open to purchase food and drinks. We recommend you check what options will be available directly with your departure airport and prepare in advance if you need to bring any refreshments with you for your journey.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve temporarily suspended our Unaccompanied Minor (UM) service for the period from 23 March 2020 until 31 May 2020.
Our focus is ensuring the safety of all those on board, and in the current circumstances it’s been necessary to make these adjustments
We are contacting affected customers individually, but if you have booked a ticket with an unaccompanied minor service you have the option to rebook your trip to a date after 31 May 2020 by contacting us.If you don't want to rebook your flight to a different date, you can cancel your booking and request a refund by calling our customer support center or you can claim a ticket refund as CashPoints.
Due to high volumes, we ask that you only contact us if the departure date for the unaccompanied minor is within the next 3 days.
If your booking was made via a Travel agency or third-party, please contact your agent for assistance.
Due to the impact of Covid-19, we will be temporarily closing our Fast Track service.
We ask customers to please use the main security screening lines instead.