It's easy to let us know online about the level of wheelchair assistance you need.
Request wheelchair assistance
If you're travelling with your own wheelchair, or you need a bit of extra help getting from check-in to the boarding gate, you can request wheelchair assistance online or through our Contact Centre.
It's best to make your request at least 48 hours before departure (but of course we'll do our best to help if you book later than this).
Travelling with an electric wheelchair
You'll need to call our Contact Centre to make your booking if you're travelling with an electric wheelchair. We'll ask you to give us the measurements for your wheelchair to make sure it'll fit on your flight.
There are no size or weight restrictions when travelling to/from the U.S., but for all other flights your electric wheelchair must not exceed 140 x 114 x 85 cm (L x W x H), with a maximum weight of 200 kg.
There's also a limit on how many electric wheelchairs we can accept on certain flights, so it's best to book as early as possible.
- 737-800 aircraft: max 5 electric wheelchairs per flight
- 737-MAX aircraft: max 5 electric wheelchairs per flight
- 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft: max 5 electric wheelchairs per flight
- 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft: max 5 electric wheelchairs per flight
We need a 90 minute connection time if you're travelling with an electric wheelchair or if you're unable to walk from the aircraft door to your seat.
Your baggage allowance
You can bring your wheelchair or mobility aid in addition to your checked baggage allowance at no extra cost.
- If you're travelling to/from the U.S., you can bring an unlimited number of mobility aids or wheelchairs for your personal use.
- If you're travelling to/from any other country aside from the U.S., you can bring up to two mobility aids or wheelchairs for your personal use.
At the airport
Help us make your journey smooth and stress-free by allowing plenty of time at the airport.
Check in one hour before departure
To make sure we have time to take care of anything you might need, please check in at our check-in counter at least one hour before departure. Let our airport representatives know if there's anything else specific (either at the airport or on board the aircraft) that we can do to help.
At most airports, you can use your own wheelchair or mobility aid until you reach the boarding gate. If this isn't possible, we'll organise a wheelchair for you to use at the airport.
Arrive at your boarding gate 30 minutes before departure
Get to your boarding gate nice and early so you have plenty of time to board and get settled on the aircraft.
On board your flight
Our aircraft are designed to be comfortable and accessible for everyone.
All our aircraft have a foldable wheelchair on board to assist you between your seat and the toilet.
- You'll need to be able to move in and out of the wheelchair on your own or with the help of your safety assistant.
- Our cabin crew can help you get to and from the toilet, but they cannot lift you or assist you in the toilet.
Please note that this wheelchair is not emergency equipment and cannot be used during an evacuation.
Wheelchair accessible toilets
- On our flights to and from the U.S., Thailand, Argentina and Singapore operated by the Dreamliner, the aircraft has one fully wheelchair accessible toilet.
- On all of our other flights, we have toilets that are partially wheelchair accessible.