You're currently using the accessible version on a desktop device. Turn off accessibility mode.
Norwegian is the fifth largest low-cost carrier in the world with around 11,000 dedicated colleagues. Our customers can choose from around 500 routes to more than 150 destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, the US and Canada.
We were founded in 1993, but only began operating as a low-cost carrier with bigger Boeing 737 aircraft in 2002. Today, we are one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. We are constantly introducing brand new aircraft to our fleet, as well as launching new routes and establishing new bases in Europe, Asia, the US and South America.
Today, we have around 170 aircraft and boast one of the world's youngest and greenest fleets with an average age of just 3.8 years. New aircraft is a win-win for the customers, the environment and the company's costs and is key in order to maintain our vision of offering affordable fares for all.
We also have more than 200 aircraft on order, which means that in the coming years, we will take delivery of brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Airbus 321 Long Range aircraft.
- Our aircraft are referred to as "Red Nose" because the front (the "nose") is painted red
- The tail fins on our aircraft feature a portrait of a hero that has challenged the established and inspired others
- We taught Norway’s air travellers to book their flights online
- Norwegian has been named the most fuel-efficient airline on transatlantic routes
- Norwegian is today the largest foreign airline to fly between New York and Europe, based on passenger numbers.