Cancellation protection is an extra protection for you as a passenger. If you or any member of your immediate family fall ill, you can send an original medical certificate, document your family relationship and cancel your ticket up to 30 minutes before departure, and have your entire ticket price refunded.
Cancellation protection can only be ordered online at the time of booking.
Refunds will not be provided against the cost of your cancellation protection
How to cancel
- Cancel your flight via our Contact Centre at least 30 minutes before departure.
Duration of cancellation protection
- Cancellation protection applies from the time the purchase is made until half an hour before flight departure. It only applies to the flight that the cancellation protection has been purchased for.
Who is protected
- Cancellation protection applies to the person or persons stated on the cancellation protection document.
When is cancellation protection valid
- Cancellation protection applies if the cancellation has been made up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time, and if a valid medical certificate can be produced for the relevant travel date, and when a family relationship is documented.
- Cancellation protection is only valid when the charge has been paid and a binding order for the flight has been made.
- The original valid medical certificate and the documented family relationship documentation must be sent to:
PO Box 115
NO-1330 Fornebu, Norway.
Both the valid medical certificate and documented family relationship documentation, must be in either Norwegian or English and must be received no later than one week after cancellation.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation protection will only be paid in the case of acute illness or death for you or your immediate family. “Immediate family" is taken to mean: spouse/registered partner, co-habiting partner, children, parents, parents-in-law, siblings and grandparents.
What will we refund
- Cancellation protection covers the cost of tickets, luggage charges, seat charges and other supplementary products/services associated with the flight that you have purchased from Norwegian.
- Cancellation protection does not cover supplementary purchases made at any of our partners, such as hotels, car rental, activities, etc.
- When we have received the necessary documentation, a refund will be made to the card number that was used when the flight in question was purchased.
- Cancellation as a result of serious complications which occur before the 36th week of a pregnancy is covered.
What we do not refund
Cancellation protection does not cover cancellations made for the following reasons:
- Acute deterioration of an existing condition/chronic illness.
- Examination, treatment and/or admittance to hospital which was planned prior to the flight being booked.
- Elective surgery or illnesses due to this operation
- That the reason for your journey falls through.